Friday, April 20, 2007

NHL Hockey = A Drug?

Is it just me... or am I the only one who is having horribly bad Thrashers withdrawal already?? I know it's only been a few days... but hockey and the Thrashers are like a drug... it's addicting, you gotta watch it and be there, and it's the one thing that is a huge part of your life. But now it feels like you just quit cold turkey. There's no more hockey to watch. Oh sure, you could go watch the Gladiators, and as much fun as it is, there's no comparing the ECHL to the NHL. A fan of any NHL team is an NHL snob and watching any form of lesser hockey helps, but doesn't cut the mustard. (Who the hell came up with that and what does that REALLY mean anyway?)

Think about it. Hockey is the fastest paced sport there is, making it great for people with ADD and who have next to no attention. Hockey is the best drug you can get. It's like it was designed for those kinds of people.

It's like... now that hockey is over, what the hell are you gonna do? Nights not spent at the games were spent either watching the Thrashers away games or watching some random game on .VS. There's always the Braves, and don't get me wrong, I love my Braves, but man, when you compare it to hockey, it's at a snail's pace. (And if we run into any more pitchers like the Braves did last night, we might be in trouble... but this series with the Mets is already a big series, even tough it's early in the year.)
Makes me wonder... will some of the same jackass Rangers "fans" also be at Shea Stadium making fun of the Braves and doing their version of the tomahawk chop? I think the ONLY reason they do that is because they are jealous. Think about it. They wish they had something like that... something unique only to the Braves. I sure as hell don't know any Mets-only cheer. So they might SAY it's making fun of us, the South... whatever... but it's simply is only one thing: Jealousy.

See this just proves I have no attention span: I go from talking about hockey withdrawal to bitching about the Mets and their fans and the tomahawk chop. Man I really need hockey back quick!

Hey, it's better than... say... crack or cocaine! And a hell of a lot cheaper.

No comments: