Thursday, March 15, 2007

Philly's Bitch

I had a bad feeling things wouldn't go our way when the Flyers went up 1-0. I didn't get to see most of the game... I heard most of the 1st period on the radio on the way home from the AJC Car Show (got to test drive a Chrysler 300 and a Vette! The best time to go to the show is during the week; the crowds were incredibly light and almost no lines to test drive the cars)

Steve Craig, 99X DJ and Thrashers PA Announcer was also out on location where they were doing the test drives. I showed him my 0ld school 99X card and they wanted to give me a set of wrenches... I was like man I don't need that, I have an entire tool box full of tools, so they gave me a Live X 11 CD. I should've asked him if he had any Thrashers stuff! Oh well. It was nice to meet him though.

Ok back to the game. I didn't get to see or hear any of the 2nd period except for the last few moments, but we were only down 2-1.

I made it home to see all of the 3rd period. That 3rd goal should havenever happened. We brought it late in the 3rd and made it a one goal game, but Biron was having one fucking hell of a night... the frustrating thing was that we had sooooooooooooooooooooooo many chances to tie the game. I would've been happy even with a point tonight. The problem is we didn't score when we needed it the most. You HAVE to. You HAVE to make those goals. We were on the doorstep bashing the door down but it wouldn't fall. They were also giving us chance after chance at the end, they nearly missed an EN goal they could've easily had but did not. We still could not manage to tie it.

I'm frustrated, we should have beat the shit out of these guys. I really think Moose should've played in this game and Kari start tomorrow. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. We simply can not afford to lose tomorrow against NY, especially with the Sabres coming here Sunday. We could be in trouble if we fall these next two games. Right now we're screaming playoffs playoffs and if we had won tonight I would have said no way we would miss the playoffs, but right now, we have two tough games against two hungry NY teams and they both having nothing to lose and we have everything to lose. We must take at least one of the next two against the Rangers and Sabres.

There really is no excuse for tonight's game with all of our new guys. The Flyers are the worst team yet they've owned us all season. Tonight was no different. At least we do not have to play these guys again. How does a first place team get owned by a last place team? I guess that's just how the coin flips. I don't get it. They've owned us all season, so there's no reason tonight should be any different...but unlike the last games, we had a chance this game... many, many chances and simply could not capitalize... yet I have to give credit to Biron for having an amazing night in goal... and Kari made some great saves himself... but Biron was damn good tonight...

But man, Bobby had shitty luck tonight... and it's sad that nothing was called on that 2nd high stick... even if the refs didn't see it, they must've seen him bleeding profusely... so I dunno WTF nothing was called....

We were a hair away from having at least a point in this game... instead of shooting at the goalie, we should have shot top shelf... but no.. it looked like we just kept shooting it right at him.

We better redeem ourselves tomorrow night. I could care less about the NASCAR Night stuff and tomorrow night is also the Town Hall Metting with DW, and DW is gonna hear it with this loss to the Flyers and rightfully so.

Now the NASCAR thing. I really just don't see most NASCAR fans being hockey fans. Maybe they are trying to get them to come out and experience hockey. I'm not sure what the attempt is, but I generally don't see the two mixing. I've watched NASCAR, I've been to a race, but in all honesty, it wasn't all that great. To me, a TRUE race a is the 1/4 drag race. NASCAR is just as boring to me as watching golf or poker on TV... I'd fall asleep. If I had the money to bid on one of those green St. Patty's jerseys I would, but I gotta save for next season.

At this point all I know is that we had better not fall apart. The next two games will determine that. The Rangers are well rested waiting for us in ATL and the Thrashers are going to be playing in the 2nd of back to back games. So the Rangers already have a slight advantage. And we all know what the Thrashers record is at sell outs, which Friday night looks to be. So we have TWO things going against us. We didn't stop the streak with the Flyers, but the sellout losing streak has GOT to stop and stop tomorrow night.

But the good news even though we didn't gain any ground tonight, we are still in first place and we can still make the playoffs. But if we play the same way we did tonight against the Flyers, our chances are not so great. Granted, even with the new players we weren't going to win every single game, but against the FLYERS??!?! No excuse.

We better redeem ourselves tomorrow night.

- Rangers are rested and ready to go.
- Thrashers playing two nights in a row with our backup goalie.
- Thrashers have not won a single game in which we are sold out.
- Gotta put up with Rangers fans and NASCAR rednecks. Great.
- Won't be able to get a seat at Headlines Grill because we'll be at the Town Hall Meeting and we'll have crappy seats.

So all in all tomorrow is already starting off to look bad. I just hope we end up on the win column. We have to.

No comments: