Monday, March 05, 2007

Here Kitty Kitty!

We were up at Headlines Grill for the Carolina game. Kari stood on his head the entire game. He said that it has something to do with is parents here in Atlanta visiting him. And I have a feeling that as silly as it might sound, it could be helping him. Remember when you were a little kid on the diving board or playing sports and your parents were watching you? You wanted to shout"Dad! Mom! Look at ME!!" You always wanted to perform better or do something special while your parents were watching. Well, Kari may not be able to scream out to his parents in the stands at the NHL level, but in the back of his mind, I bet he had that same feeling... he wanted to show his parents his best. And that he did. It was one of his best performances in goal this season so far. It was Brodeur-like. The one goal Crapolina had was a defensive mess up, otherwise it could've been a shutout. But what a game! Although they had quite a few pucks that hit the pipes, with them going 0-4 on the PP, it helped make our D look really good. It had also been a while since good 'e Kovy lit the lamp.

But when Hossa went down, I had a flash back to Blog Night. That was the night he went down hard as well... but the night he also came back out and scored in the very next period seconds in.

When Hossa went down again, it was a flash back. But the crowd roared to life with the "Hossa! Hossa!" chant as loud as you've ever heard it. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it looked. It's too bad this time he didn't come out and score right away again, but he nearly missed that open net hat trick goal... but it wasn't necessary. So far the new guys have made this team look like and play like an entirely new team. I'm not a big fan of the rental player thing, I think that should be changed, but there's time to discuss that during the off season. Right now they've helped us move back where we belong - in first - and help us make that push to the first ever Thrashers playoffs!

But man it wasn't even about the new guys or our all the sudden new found glory and confidence... it was all about the mullet wig.


That's right, the mullet wig.

I think the players got a kick out of it. It's too bad BH didn't throw one on for the post game press conference! Maybe it was like a rally cap. Maybe it had that magic. But man, I took MARTA back home from the game, stopping at Best Buy afterwards. I decided WTF, I have nothing to lose, so I kept my jersey on and the mullet wig. Man people had some FUNNY looking stares at me. Nothing something you expect when walking around Best Buy! Anyway, I also freaked my mom out when I met up with her later that night for dinner.

But I also knew it was going to be a good game because, well, when the Thrashers came out for warmups, the first song that was played was "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica. Fuck yeah! Metalllica! They need to play more Metallica at games. But man, you literally have to be first in line to get a spot a headlines grill. You have to haul ass up there to get a stool. But it's well worth the wait. The food there is really good. The view is great.

But there is one thing that gets to me. You know that the 400 level isn't sold out. I just don't see that happening. Even on occasions where you KNOW it's not sold out, the ticket office refuses to sell you the $10 ticket at the box office. They always say it's sold out. That is BS. They want you to have to buy the more expensive ticket. If the seats are available, SELL the damn tickets! I don't get it. Thankfully you can buy a ticket at the student rate of $15, but man, I know there are still $10 tickets left but they won't sell them.

Anyway, I'm anxious as can be four our trip to Florida this coming weekend. Thrashers vs. Panthers, the beach, Miami, South Beach, seafood... warm, (hopefully) sunny weather... can't get much better than that! Since this is our first ever away game with the Thrashers... of course I already can't wait to get back and Blog about it! I know, I know, what a dork I am! This is also my last-ever spring break, so there's no doubt we have to get away for at least a few days if nothing else... but here's my problem. The Thrashers want their 07/08 deposit already. I can either cancel our trip, and have one really disappointed Thrashers fan and a PISSED OFF girlfriend and put a deposit down, or I can go on the trip. I've e-mailed my rep and asked him if I could post-date a check for my next paydate. So I'm waiting to hear back from him. I just hope they'll let me do that, if not, I might get fucked out of playoff tickets... but I sure can't cancel our trip! Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Three in a row... can we keep it up? By default, you'd think that playing the Panthers twice in a week would be easy wins for us... but they are on a little win streak of their own and just killed Tampa, of which of course we are all very thankful for, but man, they beat TAMPA 6-2. That's not easy to do. I'm hoping we can cool them off. But this week, we should be able to gain some ground with playing the kitty cats twice and of course the Habs, who are always tough, but Huet is out for the season, so it might prove to be a bit easier of a game. If we take even 2 of 3 this week, I think we'll be in good shape.

I should get back to work. Man, I am evil. My boss left for lunch so I figured I'd better get in the blog while I can.

Oh yeah. My friends from Israel are here! They normally come for 4 - 6 weeks, but for the first time, they are only here for a week! Anyway, I've invited them to come to the game on Tuesday, so it should be a great time. Can't wait! They don't have hockey in Israel, so... it'll be an awesome experience for them. I can show them my home away from home!!

That's it for now... back to work!

1 comment:

Samasaurus said...

haha. i would be pissed off if you cancelled our trip to florida.

:)