Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thrashers Not Only Team To Be Swept?

Well, it's been a while since I've made a post. I've been keeping up with the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but not every game. But the last thing that I thought was going to happen was the Sabres being swept... and I certainly didn't see the Senators making it this far. But that's what has happened. And tonight the Sabres could be swept into summer vacation with an Ottawa win. And with the momentum they have, it just might happen. For the Sabres and their fans sake, I hope not... but if it does happen, at least the Thrashers will not have been the only team to have been swept.

Having no hockey to watch locally is hard right now. Thrashers withdrawal is bad this time of the year. While the Braves are doing great right now, and I'm thankful they are where they are right now, nothing, not even the Braves, can replace the Thrashers right now. Make the playoffs, it might come close. But it's too early too tell. This weekend will be a big test against the AL's best, the Red Sox. Anyway, there are no Gladiators playoff games to help ease the withdrawal. There's not much to do but watch the playoffs on TV... but it's not the same as being at games. Hockey, even in HD, is nothing compared to being there. And that's what I miss a lot right now.

I'm glad that Kari performed so well for Finland. But I can't wait to see what the team will look like and I just can't wait to get back to Philips Arena. But there are months to go and right now it's all about the Braves.

Damn... just damn do I miss hockey right now. But it's like that every summer. But this summer is particularly bad.

I've got Thrashers withdrawal and I've got it bad. But that's OK. The anticipation of next season grows by the hour.

No comments: