Monday, June 04, 2007

Holy Puck - An Update!

Well, obviously the Sabres weren't swept... but if there was any team I thought was going to make it all the way, it was them. Gotta tip your cap or foam puck head or whatever it may be to the Sabres on an amazing season with a helluva a team. One of my best memories was when we beat them that last time during the regular season 4-3 and the Sabre fans walked out of their in dead silence. I hope we have many more similar battles next season.

The Stanley Cup Finals have been exciting, and I've been pulling for the Ducks, one because I don't think Heatley deserves a Cup, much less to be even playing in the NHL after what he did. And also, well, I'd rather the American team win than a Canadian team.

Well, the first small indication that the 07-08 season isn't TOO far away is this coming weekend. A yes, it's Select-A-Seat where you come to pick out new seats for the next season. It's great because, well, it's been way too long since I've been inside Philips and just being able to go in there and be in my home away from home, even if it's a short time, is always good.

So you get some free snacks and drinks and pick out your seats... and they always have Thrashers stuff to give out... so I'm already anxious for this Sunday. It's always weird to me see Philips without ice on the floor.

I'm glad to see that the Blueland Blog continues to be updated with Thrashers-related news... I check it at least a few times a day. In fact, my boss just caught me reading it, but she knows that I do, and she didn't say anything, so I think I am ok. I know, I am evil... reading Blueland Blog when I should be working. But she's gone now so I am able to write this. I'm not really THAT evil. I mean, ok, I've done all the work I can do... and it's a few minutes till five... so...

I just hope we can keep KT. I think he made a great impact on this team and everyone on the team and I just hope DW and the Thrashers can find a way.

I'm counting down the days until the first homegame till we see that banner revealed. And hopefully we'll be able to add one or two more this season!!

Your anxious-for-Select-A-Seat-Should-Be-Working-
Thrashers-Fanatic,

-Jason

No comments: