Monday, April 24, 2006

Welcome!

With all the great hockey blogs out there, I figured I'd start my own. First, I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I was born and raised in Atlanta and am proud to be one of the few Natives in this city!
I was born on January 1st, 1981, the night that UGA won the National Championship! Naturally, I am a Dawgs fan, but I've been a sports fan sense the moment, naturally, I was born.

During the 80's, growing up in Atlanta, no one around here played hockey of any form - no ice hockey, no roller hockey, nothing. I grew up a baseball kid.

But, ever since I attended my first Atlanta Knights game @ The Omni, I've been addicted to hockey! It's a night I'll never forget - I got a puck, still the one and only puck I've ever been lucky enough to get at a hockey game... and, on the same night, I won a Pearl Jam CD on 99X, a local rock station here in Atlanta...think about that...getting a hockey puck AND winning something on the radio in the SAME day...the stars must have aligned the right way that night, and ever since that night, I've been in love with hockey!

Ever since that first Thrashers game in 1999, I've been even more hooked. It was only last season that I was able to afford Thrashers season tickets. I've already put my deposit down for 06-07.

Sure, the end to the 05-06 season was disappointing, and although the past is never far, this blog will serve as a place for everything that's happening when I go to Thrashers games. It will not only a place for news, but a place I can log my experiences at Philips Arena.
A few of the awesome experiences I had during the 05-06 season included being FIRST in line and the first ever to the jersey trade in program, being inducted into the "Nation of Blueland" that was given out to only the fist 100 people who traded in their jerseys, being first in line every time for bobblehead nights, meeting Thrashers players at practices... and even meeting some Thrashers players on MySapce!
So, yes... we have 6 months to go, but stayed tuned, Thrashers Thrashings will be THE place for your Atlanta Thrashers news, updates, and HOCKEY LOVE!!!

Looking much forward to the 06-07 Season! LETS GO THRASHERS!!!

-Jason

No comments: