Monday, April 24, 2006

310 BABY! (Why I Love My Seat!)

Well, over the past 6 seasons, I must have sat everywhere at Philips Arena - way up in the nosebleeds in 400, on the right and left sides behind the goals, the lower level, right on the glass, on the sides, and yes, even a visit every now and then to a suite...and even once in the Delta box! My dad, may he rest in peace, used to get us seats ALL the time on the corporate side.
But I love my Season Ticket seat more than all of them...yes, even more than lower level or on the glass. First of all, I can't afford lower level season tickets. It's great to sit there, but damn near impossible to get tickets for lower level, direct center ice. My seat is 310, ROW J, SEAT 1. I love it because, A, I can afford it, B, it's a GREAT view, C, you don't have to turn you head constantly like you do on the lower level, D, the annoying ushers aren't screaming "COLD BEER!" all damn night, and E, most importantly, my section has some of the BEST Thrashers fans in Philips Arena! Most of all, though, they are the best seats I can afford ;-)
But I love the view - it's a great bang for the bucks. If I were to move even just a few isles down, the price of my tickets would nearly double.
Plus, I think my seat location is pretty ironic. My name is Jason, hence the J. I was born on January 1st, hence Seat 1. Isle 310, however...not quite sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm looking VERY forward to returning my home away from home next season and back to my good 'ole seat in 06'07'! I sat there so much I think when I return it will STILL be warm!

Oh how I already miss 310, Row J, Seat 1...and Philips Arena. It's just weird - when you go to Philips for anything else other than hockey...a Force game, concert... and there's no ice... it feels like something is just totally missing!

-Jason

No comments: