Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Flame On!

- Not much to say after the Oilers game. We started off well going up 1-0 but we crashed and burned soon after. I think Roloson was doing just that - rolling all over the ice. He dove more than an Olympic athlete in a high diving competition - it's too bad the judges didn't call him on his splashing around.

Of course any team can win on any given night, but I just don't have a positive feeling about the Flames game with with their home record... but with both teams on losing streaks, anything is possible.

I feel bad for Moose though. Sure, he made some mistakes, but he hasn't played since God knows when... he was rusty... he looked like he hadn't played in a while and it was evident... I think Moose should've started at the last Flyers game and I think that would've made the biggest difference.

Usually I don't miss a single Thrashers game... with the exception of if a game is at the same time as the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech football game... but tonight is another rare exception... I am driving from downtown Atlanta to Athens; my brother is a coordinator for UGA Idol, which happens to be tonight... the same night as American Idol... go figure. I do NOT watch American Idol except for the first few shows with all the horrible fuckups. The rest I could care less about.
I'll be hoping for a good result when I get back on the road to Atlanta.

TSN.CA had an interesting headline in their NHL section today called "Hosting Hossa"... even though the picture isn't Hossa... I mean if you have "HOSSA" in the title, you'd THINK that it would be a picture of Hossa... but nooooooo..

Let's just hope we can put out the Flames... both teams will be hungry for a win, so let's just hope we are hungrier than the Flames.... let's just not add fuel to their fire.

And yes, tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so don't expect any post-game comments tomorrow... I'll get back into the swing of posting and comments on Thursday...

Is it just me or has it already been WAY too long since the last Thrashers homegame in Blueland? TV does not help at all with hockey withdrawal.

Yes, we may have gotten killed by the Flyers...but hey... look at it on the bright side... at least we aren't the Red Wings who lost a lot worse than we did last night... 6-1. That my friends is a ass kicking... For the Flyers it's too little too late...

Let's just hope we can end this part of the road trip on a positive note...

I wonder if they do anything special at the Flames game tonight; seeing as how they were originally the Atlanta Flames...so when Atlanta comes to town; I wonder if they have anything going on... To think that their alternate-captain logo is still the old-school Atlanta Flames "A"... just a bit funny to see when they are playing the current Atlanta team... It makes me think back to a few seasons ago when it was an old-school Atlanta night... the Thrashers played the Flames and then after the game Georgia played Georgia Tech on the ice...there were fights, blood, and plenty of yelling...and that was just the fans going at it during the game! One of my friend's brothers played for the Dawgs...so it was awesome to watch them play...

- TSN.CA - "HOSTING HOSSA"

No comments: